Ah, Valentine’s Day; A holiday some eagerly await while others dread. We want everyone to enjoy themselves this year, so we figure why not have a Valentine’s Day party that everyone can enjoy, single or taken?
Heart-shaped everything, right? Not necessarily! Be sure to incorporate items to appeal to both the lovebirds and the bitter-hearted folk. We’ve included a few major party topics here with ideas for each relationship status for you to use.
- No need to paint the walls red or fill the room with balloons. We love this simplistic approach to filling the room with love visually using a couple of streamers and floral touches.
- Create a selfie station or photo booth for guests to pose for pictures but be sure to include props that will appeal to everyone such as heart-shaped frames, kissy lips, #Single signs and broken hearts.
- Will you accept this English Rose? This drink is made with “apricot brandy and grenadine with gin, dry vermouth and lemon,” and is sure to have your guests swooning.
- The description of this Stupid Cupid Cocktail (a.k.a. Madtini) is spot on for the singles. “It’s bitter, sour, sweet and salty – just like love.” Doesn’t get any bitter better than that.
- We’re really feeling this Valentine-themed playlist from Glamour.com. It includes both classic and modern-day hits that are sure to get you feeling all lovey-dovey at the party.
- Appealing to the single crowd when it comes to music is as simple as throwing in a few jaded love songs. A few of our go-tos would be “You Give Love a Bad Name,” “Never Getting Back Together” and “All the Single Ladies” (Obviously).
- Continuing the simplistic approach, we like the idea of going with our basic (yet delicious) red velvet cupcakes with white icing, then adding simple, cute sprinkles or another sweet topper.
- For the anti-Valentiners, we love these heart-shaped cookies frosted with phrases like “Love Stinks,” “Can You Not,” “Cupid Is Stupid,” and “Over It.” You get the idea.
For more fun Valentine party ideas, click here and be sure to follow us on Pinterest for even more event planning tips and tricks!